Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nutella Pretzel Brownies



Nutella brownies with a brown sugar pretzel crust. Topped with more nutella. Swoon.

Recipe: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/05/nutella-pretzel-brownies/

Mo's Version and Comments
















Well, what more can be said about the deliciousness of nutella that hasn't been said already? It will be impossible not to nibble on your ingredients as you make this.

-Use butter snap pretzels. Great texture and buttery flavor.
-Less nutella in the batter if you want it less fudgy and more cakey
-Let brownie cool before adding nutella to the top
-Add more pretzels if you want a thicker crust on the bottom, like I did
-Lick the spoon for pure joy

Dan's Version and Comments







Normally I am not a sweets person, well I am, but when it comes to chocolate I am quite picky. I was originally quite skeptical about cooking this dish, after all, we are Kitchen Cavemen not Baking Bros, although the name has a nice ring to it. However, I have to say this dish actually turned out to be really good and it is incredibly simple to make.

Guilty as charged, I actually ate some of combined butter, brown sugar and pretzel layer, and I have no regrets. The pretzels actually give the brownies a salty flavor while the rich, sweet nutella complements it quite well. 

What makes this dish particularly unique is that at the bottom you have a salty/crunchy layer, the middle is rich and somewhat bitter, and the top is very sweet. 

Overall rating: 7.5/10

Next week: Cuban Sandwiches!